What An Adventure!

Following was our little journey to potty training which was filled with twists and turns, tears and laughter, rewards and toilet paper.


Friday, October 10, 2008

It's Been a Looooooooooooong Time

I haven't done ANYTHING in terms of potty training Mini Me, recently. Well, I don't think you can count the 3 or 4 minor, feeble attempts that ended within 3 hours. 
The last few days, I did start telling Mini Me she was a 'ba-by', not a 'big girl'. I told her she was a baby because she wears diapers and if she were a big girl, she would wear underwear. Yes, I am appealing to her sense of self. Not sure that is endorsed in the potty training books, but it worked for Motor Mouth.  

MotorMouth was capable of being fully potty trained, but he was lazy and wanted to be babied. Then, Kai Kai stayed with us for 3 - 4 days. I told Motor Mouth: "Kai Kai is a BIG BOY! Kai Kai goes pee pee on the potty like a BIG BOY." It worked!! We never looked back!

Yesterday, I got a phone call from Bee Momma whose daughter, JuJu Girl, has a weekly play date with Mini Me. Bee Momma was so impressed with Mini Me. She said Mini Me had gone pee pee on the potty twice when she was over at their home. That Mini Me seems to LOVE the bathroom and potty training must be going so well for us. Hahahahaha. Ah. Hahahhahahah. 
This morning, when Mini Me woke up, I had her go pee on the potty. Daddy asked if she could wear her big girl underwear. I said okay. Then we told Mini Me that she was NOT to pee on Dora. To go pee in the potty and not to get Dora wet. 

I just asked Mini Me if she had to go pee. She said she did, and went in the potty. 2 hours and counting and her underwear is DRY!!

No comments: