What An Adventure!

Following was our little journey to potty training which was filled with twists and turns, tears and laughter, rewards and toilet paper.


Monday, May 26, 2008

Lord, Help Me!!



Mini-Me LOVES the potty!! She SAID she had to go potty. Once we were there, she'd sit on the potty for 5 minutes, then decide she was 'DONE, Mommy. Done.' We would go through the ENTIRE routine:
- wipe
- climb down
- flush
- wave bye bye
- remove potty insert
- put down the lid
- wash hands
- dry hands
- put on a NEW pullup (she wasn't having the reusables)

AND THEN I'D HEAR................
"Mommy. I PEE PEE!"
"Are you sure, Mini-Me?"
"PEE PEE, MOM-MEEE!!"
So we would do it all over again.
3x minimum - in a row - with NO PEE ever coming out!!
We sang the pee pee song, read books, used a roll of toilet paper.
This routine went down EVERY hour, ALL evening tonight.
I was happy for bedtime - and a DIAPER!

Lord, help me. I'm having second thoughts...

No comments: